In 2012, the Ministry of Environment and Urbanism issued the Law on Transformation of Areas under Disaster Relief No. 6306 against disaster hazards, especially earthquakes. The aim of the Act was to prevent the loss of life and property by transforming the underlying disasters with the risk of disaster, at the same time increasing the quality of life, saving energy and creating environmentally sensitive residential areas.
According to the news in Yeni Birlik newspaper, We observed that significant transformation processes took place during the period from 2012 until the present day. On the other hand, in January-November of the year of 2017, the Urbanism Committee was established. 'Identity, Planning and Design in our cities; Urban transformation; Urbanization, Migration and Integration; The Role of Local Authorities in the New Vision of Urbanization "committee prepared the results of the determination and recommendations, set out the preliminary conclusions. The steps to be taken have been identified.
REIDIN Data Director Orhan vATANDAŞ summarized the steps to be taken on urban transformation as follows:
1. All of our values reflecting our memory of people, time and space should be preserved in the process of urban transformation and the design should be reflected.
2. Urban transformation should not be carried out independently of the plan and transformation strategies should be determined starting from the high-scaled plans.
3. Urban transformation should be liberated from a land-based, real estate-based and peer-based approach that only provides financial gains, and examples should be developed that prioritize the trio of life-society-environment.
4. Qualified living spaces with social infrastructure, planned infrastructure and green spaces should be created by encouraging site-based transformation as well as area-based transformation within the framework of holistic planning principles.
5. The social and economic dimension of urban transformation should be taken into consideration and projects should be produced that will provide employment for our citizens living in the field with participation in all stakeholder institutions and will create educational opportunities
6. Urban transformation areas should firstly adopt spatial transformation principles and produce spatial solutions that take into account the needs of the existing social structure.
7. Regulation arrangements for the creation of new project partnerships and the adoption of financial measures should be deemed to be more effective for the transformation process.
8. A part of the increase in the value of the revenues will be transferred to the public and the social and technical infrastructures of these resource cities will be improved.
9. ILBANK, which supports the mens financials, should take a role as a facilitator and financing provider in urban transformation and be active in the transformation process.
10. Real Estate Investment Trust should be established for construction activities in order to provide eligible credit financing from abroad for use in urban transformation.
11. In order to provide pre-financing for the conversion projects, publicly-funded interest-free loans should be provided and the use of alternative financing instruments such as real estate certificate, long-term bond issuance and real estate investment fund should be widespread.
12. In order to fund the Urban Transformation Special Account, new resources should be produced, such as the Natural Disaster Insurance Institution, where institutions with funds are included as investors in the financing of the conversion projects, and a certain proportion of the income from projects undertaken by public institutions is transferred to this account.
13. In risky areas where the intensity is to be reduced, transfer of rights to reserve building sites should be allowed to create green spaces, squares and reinforcement areas in the evacuated areas.
14. Urban transformation offices, which are authorized and trained by the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization and employing experts in the field, should be opened in order to carry out the urban transformation process in a transparent and institutional way.
15. Before and after the projects, social impact analysis should be done for the area affected by the transformation and the neighborhood life should be animated.
16 Make conclusions from successful and unsuccessful experiences, share with citizens, be an identity card for every project, and make sure that the transformation project processes are traceable.
17. The process of reconciliation should be managed in a transparent manner to increase the desire for transformations of rights holders, how to create new living spaces (model, design), proletarian actors (cooperation, participation, partnership), project financing (public, market) (equality, public benefit) are given to the beneficiaries by the administration carrying out the project.